My apologies. I had you all reading about my package receipts yesterday when I could have had you reading a mushy tribute to my darling husband. Oh, wait....maybe NOW I need to apologize... ha ha ha. First and foremost, though, I don't want to keep any of you hanging - the backpack DID arrive yesterday, but the Life is Good package won't arrive until today. Also, my replacement shoes shipped yesterday already - so I guess gambling on the free shipping paid off this time. Okay, now that I know you can rest easy tonight knowing that my package delivery situation is well in hand, I'll move on to boring you into a coma with my sappy rendition of "how I fall in love with my husband all over again". Enjoy, and you might want to have a soft pillow nearby so you don't hit your head....
Actually, I'll make it short and sweet. I love that man I married. Way to proclaim the obvious, Sarah! I know....DEEP THOUGHTS on a Friday morning. But (and yes, my high school English teacher as well as some moms I know would find it appalling that I started that sentence with "but". Well it's MY blog and I'll decide!!! Ha ha. Only joking, Mums!) there are some moments in life when I look at my mate and just marvel at the fact that I get to be married to him. The night before last he snuggled on the couch with a very tired Kailin while I was making dinner. Then after she'd finished eating, she asked to be excused, but decided that perhaps she was a little too tuckered to play after all. She came back to the table and climbed up on Steve's lap and the two of them just sat there for the longest time. I didn't ask him about it, but I suspect he was having one of those moments I've been having recently of realizing that our lives are about to change in a huge (and happy) way and taking advantage to soak in these last days of Kailin as an only child. Watching him snuggle with her and be absorbed in his little girl literally made me warm inside like a cup of cocoa on a cold day and I smiled with my whole self and thanked God for blessing me so. Steve is such a good Dad. I can't wait to see that bubble over into two kids!
The trip, which at times still somehow seems far away, became VERY real yesterday when the wonderful people who have agreed to show us around Colby's hometown said, "We're really looking forward to meeting you next week!" NEXT WEEK?? What to you mean NEXT WEEK?? That threw me into high gear. It's going to be a busy weekend in the Gannaway house for certain!
One last tidbit for those of you in warmer climes - we are getting 8-14" of SNOW today and I am not one bit happy about it! Enjoy some sunshine for me if you can get it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Sarah,
Too funny - DH of mine let me have the rest of the cold water that we had in the car as we ran errands. I told him, "You can have it!" He said, "Why can't I always just want to put you first before me?" Ok, I know you said you were lucky, so I am joining your Luck Club. :-) P.S. We were running around in 80 degree weather today. ugh. I'll send some your way!!!
Monika
Post a Comment