Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Burning the midnight oil...

I've finally succumbed to my husband's way of thinking (apparently). Steve very optimistically believes that any task could only possibly take 15 minutes (think - packing for a camping trip or mopping the floor or cleaning the whole house). I probably don't need to tell you that he's mostly wrong about that. But I love him for continuing to believe it (when it isn't driving me nuts).

Anyway, I had just a few little tasks to finish up last night. We were in good shape (I naively thought). We were just about ready to head out the door! Half of we went to bed at 9pm because he had to get up early to go to work early this morning. The other half found that the few little tasks led to some more little tasks which led to..... bed at 1:15 am. Needless to say I was not overly pleased to hear my daughter awaken at 4:45 with Steve. I got her to lay still in our bed with me until 5:30, but she never did go back to sleep and neither did I. I guess we don't need to worry about whether or not I'll be able to fall asleep at 7 or 8 at my mom's tonight! Ahhh well. There are much worse things in the world than a little sleep deprivation (although I haven't had any coffee yet and I'm not sure just what those things might be.... joking, of course) and I'm feeling pretty good about where we're at as of this morning. I just have the bathrooms yet to clean today and some laundry to do and we're ready to go. I did, however, have a horrifying realization this morning in the shower. I have neglected to pack bras. Any. I have not packed a single one. THAT would be an absolute disaster - all joking aside. I can virtually guarantee that if one could find a decent bra in Taiwan one would not be finding it in my size! I apologize if that embarrassed anyone reading this but a. GROW UP and b. then you have no idea how much of a crisis has been averted here. On that supportive note, I'm over and out until we hit Taiwan (unless another noteworthy event happens in the next 8 hours - then I'll be ALL OVER IT!)!

I hope you will all have a good couple of days and perhaps branch out into other hobbies and obsessions.... I mean..... I hope you will miss reading my thought provoking posts!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Since I knew I wouldn't be able to live with out you while you are gone, I decided to get a Google account. Seems I already had one. Who knew? Now I can bug you from half a world away.:) Praying for safe travel and that God will protect you guys and Colby, as well as big sis Kailin, and work to make all the paper work and travel and attachment go off with much trouble (I'm a realist...there will be some).
Love,
Carrie

Jeri said...

Hello? Fourtune? Are you there yet? It's me, Texas, I need my im buddy. Hello? Are you there yet? =) Big sigh...ready for you to be back home. nah, but I am ready to join you! We bought the van yesterday. Did I tell you that? Now we can have um, 10 kids! haha