Sunday, March 23, 2008

Friday night special!

I had a HORRIBLE sweet tooth on Friday. HORRIBLE. Steve's told me a zillion times about the "Friday night special" when he was a kid. His parents would get a gallon and quart pail of ice cream and a ton of donuts and just let the boys dig in - for SUPPER! So I thought, "what the heck?" We've been trying to do "special things" for Kailin before her world turns upside down (not that I think for one minute she'll think back "oh, it's okay that my brother takes all of my toys and I have to share my mom and dad - we had ice cream for dinner one night not so long ago) so I told Steve to run out to the store and pick up the Friday night special. Then I asked Kailin if she wanted to have some ice cream for supper. Her response was, "I have ICE CREAM - for SUPPER??? Can I have a COMB??" My mental vision of ice cream in a comb is not particularly appetizing, but the darling way in which my daughter excitedly wondered about the possibility of a cone made me want to eat her up. (that would have totally ruined my appetite, though)


As you can see, she delighted in the Friday night special and it was well worth every calorie consumed (and she did, to my heart's delight, opt to have a banana after her ice cream comb instead of a donut)!


No comments: