Sometimes being an adult stinks. I know....not a revelation. All along we've really wanted Kailin to be at the airport when we return. We really want her to grasp that we did go on a "big plane" to get her brother and that she's the first one we want to see when we got home. Well... we've talked it over and we just can't bring ourselves to roust her out of bed at 3am (we get in at 5:15 in Chicago) just to ride an hour+ to the airport to turn around and ride 2+ hours home. We're settling for stopping at Steve's parents' house on our way through to pick her up (at a much more reasonable 6:30 or 7). I'm so disappointed, but it's the adult thing to do.
Along those same lines, Taroko Gorge just isn't going to happen this trip. It's one of the things I really, really wanted to see, but it's a huge long day and we just don't want to do it with Colby and to do it without him we'd either have to go 8 hours after we land, or the day before we get him. I guess we'll just have to plan to go back!!
We got our plane tickets via FedEx this afternoon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Sounds like you will just have to go back to Taiwan for number 3!!!! ;-)
Post a Comment