You're welcome to read this post, but this one's really for me. Kailin and I had the best day yesterday. We had a rare day together - just the two of us. I don't know if she just needed a little Mommy and Kailin time or if the extra sleep did the trick or if it was a combination or just dumb luck, but we had the BEST day! We tried on some possibilities for Easter dresses and twirled around, played with my rubber stamps and ink (to her messy delight), snuggled up on the couch, read some books, ate a decadent lunch of cheese and crackers and fruit (her favorite) and then headed out for some shopping after she woke up from her (almost 2 hour!) nap. It's hard to put it into words. Yesterday she was the bright sunshiney girl I know she can be but whom we've rarely seen as of late. We giggled and we laughed and we made some everyday memories that I know will last my whole life long. It was the last day we'll spend alone before Colby comes home and I was so glad that it was a good one!
Today we have our travel call with our agency and our travel packet should be arriving! One more step toward the trip. That means that tomorrow night I'll be running off to make copies of all of our paperwork going to AIT (American Institute in Taiwan) and sending it off via FedEx so that they can start getting things in order on the Taiwan side. Once that's done, it's down to the list making and packing and last minute shopping (oh, and the 9 bazillion other things I wanted to get done before Colby comes home....).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Sarah, that is great! Maybe she was picking up on your "stress" for lack of a better word, on finding airline tickets and hotel and what not over the last week or so.
It's great that you had a wonderfully normal and fun day together!!!
Eagerly awaiting how that photocopying goes...
Post a Comment