Monday, March 10, 2008

Perspective

I was thinking last night (yes - rare event as of late and it did hurt....ha ha ha). I was having one of those moments where the trip seems so far away and yet right around the corner. I think I'm just in that place where it seems too soon to do some things and at the same token the number of things that need to be done before we go seems very large! Anyway, it suddenly dawned on me that a month ago today we didn't even know we had a first ruling (much less a final or travel dates) and a month from today we'll be home with Colby and that whole part of our adoption journey will be over. The difference in our lives that one little month can make amazes me.

I've always hated the "spring forward" time change. The extra hour of daylight is particularly nice, but losing an hour of sleep has never been my favorite. Again - PERSPECTIVE! I happen to have the day off today and Kailin and I slept until 7:10! That never would have happened before the time change, so with a little perspective change, I've realized the price I paid in losing an hour of sleep yesterday was well worth it to gain an hour and a half today - and the greater prize is a well rested, HAPPY child!!!!

2 comments:

Jeri said...

What a great perspective on the 1 month. Daily our lives change a little bit, but 1 month can truly have a huge impact on us.
Jeri

Grace's Loyal Subjects said...

Sarah, can't wait for you to travel so that I can learn from you first hand! Wish we were going to be there together, but alas, we'll be right behind you! It's getting closer for you and I can only imagine how excited you are!!!