Thursday, March 20, 2008

Christmas in March?

I suppose it goes without saying in one sense of the phrase - we'll have our baby soon and that's a gift beyond gifts. My meaning is again not the obvious, though. I'm referring to the rather sudden influx of packages into our house. Granted they are not at all unexpected. I just wasn't expecting them all to arrive at the same time! Two days ago, my scrapbooking program (which you are all likely tired of hearing about) arrived. Yesterday, it was a pair of cute shoes I ordered (and will now be returning - cute they were....fit they did not) for Taiwan as an alternative to tennis shoes or sandals. The battery charger I ordered for our little camera (what a fantastic time to misplace the battery charger for that!) arrived most unexpectedly just two days after I ordered it. Today I am expecting the backpack we ordered (to serve as a new diaper bag and as one of our carry-ons for the trip and general schlepping "stuff" around Taiwan vessel) and also a package from the Life Is Good company with whom I've spent the past 3 months making multiple attempts to successfully exchange a Christmas gift I got. My experience with them has caused me to less than affectionately dub them the "Life is Stupid" company. Moving on though, we're also expecting a replacement battery we ordered for our big camera and now the replacement pair of shoes that I ordered. We RARELY get a package, so to have this many in one week or so is unheard of!

As you can see, I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel for post topics. This serves a twofold purpose. One is - there really isn't anything terribly exciting happening right now other than ticking off the remaining days until we leave (there are 7 in case you missed the ticker at the top of the page....) and the other is to prime you all that I will do my best to post daily from Taiwan, but that all bets are off once we're home! At least for awhile. Besides - who wants to read 900 posts about what was in my trash or which junk mail arrived for the day?

I'll try my best to have a profound experience of some sort today so that I can post something of some sort of value tomorrow. I'm not betting on it, though - neither of the big kids had a decent nap yesterday, so today is going to be a movie day to keep them from killing each other!

No comments: