Our plane tickets have officially been purchased! We depart at the crack of dawn on 3/27 from Chicago, spend some quality time in the San Francisco airport, and then depart about 5:30pm for Taipei. We'll land in Taipei at 10pm on 3/28. We head home on 4/8 at 11:30pm (sleeep Colby....sleeeeep!) and arrive back in the States on 4/8 at 7:30pm (before we even left....ha ha ha). We'll be back in Chicago about 5am on 4/9 and then the fun begins!
Today's goal is to double check our paperwork and look into whether we want to take any excursions beyond Taipei while we're there! We know we want to hit Wulai which is an aboriginal village where they make some magnificent glass beads, but we had been contemplating venturing further to the south and east to Taroko Gorge (being the nature buffs we are). It's looking like that is a LONG day trip, though, and would mean we'd either have to do it Saturday or Sunday since I don't think we'd choose to take Colby out on that long of an excursion. I don't know if we'll be ready for that on Saturday and to get "home" late on Sunday might not be the best idea, either - not that I expect to get much rest that night! It's hard, though. I don't know when we will get back to Taiwan and I want to make sure we see what we can so we can show Colby the wonders of his heritage.... Steve and I need to have a sit down discussion about it, I guess!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Wahooo!!!!
One step closer!
Good luck with harder part: hotel!!!
Post a Comment