*I've been informed that it is disappointing to some people when I don't manage to post until the afternoon.... so I will do my best to do my profound thinking earlier in the morning from now on.... apologies to those affected by my late post yesterday! :o) *
There are moments in life when someone shows you how much they care about you and you know it'll just stick with you for a very long while. Steve isn't much for showing his emotions. It's certainly not that I don't know that he loves me, but he's not an emotionally touchy feely kind of guy. That's just who he is (or isn't in this case).
Well, we'd been talking a lot over the past weeks about my scrapbooking and how I wanted the program but didn't want to spend my birthday money (I got some early so I could take it to Taiwan) before Taiwan in case I found something there that I wouldn't get another opportunity to buy (like my black pearls from China). And I was lamenting a little bit (but surely NOT whining!!) that it stinks that we're taking the laptop to Taiwan and have the 7 hour layover in San Francisco and the long flight over (with a power outlet in the seat) and I wouldn't be able to scrap away because I wasn't thinking about that when I started my free trial and as you all know.... my trial is DONE. So a few days ago, he offered to not get me the birthday gift he'd planned to and get me Elements instead. I turned him down because I delight in getting gifts from him that he's thought up all on his own. It doesn't matter what it is. They mean so much more to me than getting something I mentioned that I wanted.
Last night we returned from our dog walk and he casually says to me... "I was planning to go to Best Buy tomorrow night....so if Elements just happened to fall into my cart - that's the program you want, right??" I said that yes it was, but that I didn't think that it should fall into his cart since it's expensive (I want the bundle with the video making software as well) and we really don't have the money for it right now and it's not something that I need - just something that I want... and his response was "Yes, but it's something you enjoy doing and you should have this. You never get anything. Besides, I don't want you getting behind on it...." and he smiled at me. I hate that this moment revolves around something material - but it was more than that to me. It was realizing that he does know what I like to do and that he found a little way to go out of his way to do something really nice for me. I'm finding it hard to put this into words really (although looking back there sure are a lot of them up there!), but it touched my heart and made me smile inside. It'll stick with me for a long while to come! (and then he asked if I thought that since we were splurging on me, he could get a game too.... THAT'S my regular Steve!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment