Sunday, March 2, 2008

The search is on!

Well, I bought a guide book on Friday night. I ordered one back in JANUARY from Amazon.com and it's still on back order. Fat lot of good that does me! So I paid dearly for it at Barnes and Noble, but alas - what's a girl to do? I haven't gotten very far into it as of yet - yesterday was a blur of searching the internet for airfare and prepping food for Steve's birthday brunch this morning. Happy Birthday to my honey! He's 34 now and keen to tell me that I'll understand his woes "when you get to be my age..." To that, I say "CRYBABY!!!!" As soon as I post this, I'm off to read the book some more and see what I can come up with - I think I've exhausted the airfare search and come up with the best I can do (which is also the best the travel agency we used for our China trip can do, so we'll probably book through them and save the headache of trying to link the international and domestic flights).

We had a substitute teacher at Cricket school yesterday and she noted that if you pronounce Kailin's name as Ky-leen, then you'd have Chinese for "proud forest". I thought that was interesting to note!

Our other big weekend news is that we have a new niece! Steve's brother Jason and his wife, Sara, welcomed baby Evalyn last evening. We're thrilled for them and hope to meet our new niece in the not too distant future.

I know that this next week will bring lots of progress on our trip. We should have our airline reservations finalized, hope to choose a hotel, finish up our paperwork, and maybe our list of sights and other things we'd like to see while we're there. Yes, this is quite (darn it now I've lost the word I need to use there....I keep thinking "advantageous" and that's not it - but I can't get it out of my head!!) oh fine - it's a long list and "we" probably won't come close to accomplishing it all, but we'll give it a good effort.

1 comment:

Kevin said...

You are always welcome to stay with us the night before if need be. I promise that Courtney will get you guys to the airport in time if the flight leaves during the week.

Pretty exciting stuff! Taiwanimal? Taipegasauraus? Hmmm....need to work on this.