Steve and I decided to go out in search of some dinner and I thought that pizza sounded good. We headed over to the local convenience store to pick up some sodas and they had Coke Light (Diet Coke)! It's the first I've seen here, so I splurged and bought two. We walked over to Dominos where we discovered that a pizza is $10 for a smaller size or $20 for a larger size. Ummm... not for Dominos. So we decided to try Mos burger right near our hotel. We should have known that things were interesting when the counter clerk asked if we wanted our burgers "regular or spicy". Ha ha. Actually they were pretty tasty and the regular or spicy applied to the onion relish sort of stuff on the top of them. We had onion rings to boot and then snacked out of our junk bag for dessert.
We found a plate of fruit delivered to the room when we returned and we'll have that for breakfast before we walk to the yummy bakery and indulge a little on our way to Starbucks (the street for which we searched in vain yesterday and the Echols pointed out to us on the way to the markets (we walked right past it about 4 times!).
It's just 4 hours now until we get Colby and I am strangely calm this time around. I'm not sure why. Steve and I sure have enjoyed our time here alone in a much different way than we did in China. I've remembered how much I love to travel with him and it's been very nice. Okay, off to the shower for me and a leisurely morning before life changes in a big way!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
You haven't mentioned anything about squatty potties. Are you finding American toilets? I'll use a squatty, but I really prefer not to! haha
I love all that you are writing; I love the detail. Keep going in all the detail that you can. I really wish I was there with you!
As I'm reading this it is 4 hours and 20 minutes after you posted, so I hope you are holding Colby. Can't wait the hear all about it. I'm sure missing our time in China right now, but I'm glad you are making new friends and enjoying great adventures.
Love,
Carrie
You guys are hopefully with him now!! So excited for you!
You had us giggling with all your posts!!! Good job of breaking it up for us and with you it is NEVER a bore!
Hopefully Colby is your arms and you guys are enjoying a wonderful moment and let the bonding begin!!!
We hope the next posts are pictures of your "Scooter" and your proud parent faces.
I am so happy that in no time (well, maybe you already have your time) that you will be holding Colby!!!! Thaks for so much info on Taiwan and places to go! Wish we could have been there with you!
Hey guys!!!! I finally got caught up with your blog! Great descriptions :) Hahah! I hope you are holding Colby now! I can't wait to see more pictures. As of when I left your house yesterday, all was well. Peanut was my little shadow, a bit of a stinker - he ate a stuffed bunny, put his butt in the air and taunted me to chase him till he realized I was not amused- LOL!
Talk to you soon!
Post a Comment