Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Down to the wire!

I've recently fallen in love with digital scrapbooking. Truth be told, I'd rather do the purist old fashioned scrapbooking. However, I've found that by the time I lay everything out and get a creative vein going, dig through my supplies to see what I've got, and deign to pick up a picture, someone has awoken or it's time for bed or I'm needed elsewhere....and with digital scrapbooking, there's no mess to clean up, my "supplies" are neatly organized, and there's really very little cost (I get all of my kits online for free!). You can upload your layouts to Shutterfly or Kodak Gallery and get them printed into bound books and you have total control over the layout (unlike using their templates where you can't always find a page for 7 pictures plus text, etc.) The "hang up" is that the program I'd like to use is a little pricey. I downloaded a free trial for 30 days and today is (dun dun dun....) DAY 30! I've scrapped through most of January, but got it in my head to do an adoption announcement and a baptism invitation for Colby so that when we get home I can just run to my friend Julie's and finish it up with the right info and new pictures. Thankfully I've got everything under control now, but it was looking hairy there for awhile. Aside from digital scrapbooking, the program has also taught me a valuable lesson in patience. I think it shut down on me no less than 27 times TODAY ALONE, but I'm convinced it's a glitch with the trial since Julie has no problems. We'll see if I bring home enough birthday money from Taiwan to buy the real deal and get back on track before I get too far behind on this year.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I hear you! :) Can't wait to see some of your work!