Someone pointed out to me that this blog will be a great reminder of all that goes on in our life. I hadn't intended it for that originally, but I think it's a fantastic idea - I've never been consistent (or even close to consistent) with journaling so this will be great. I think that was a horrific sentence and there it is for all to see. Oh well.... Anyway, what this means for the casual reader is that some of these entries will really be for me so that I can remember what my kids were up to in their everyday lives - not so entertaining, maybe, but I know you'll all put up with it so that you can be privy to my innermost deep thoughts on the world on the other days. ha ha ha.
I'm really impressed with Kailin's vocabulary attempts as of late. She's always surprised me with her willingness to try new (and big) words - like "Worcestershire" over six months ago. Lately some of her attempts have just tickled my funnybone and I wanted to document them before they pass to the land of better speech capabilities.
She's big into pretend play these days and is constantly pulling things out of her pocket for us. Steve accidentally "ate" something meant for his hair the other day - much to Kailin's disappointment! Her favorite pretend game, though, is "I have a nimitation for you!!" You never get to know to what event you are being invited, but trust me - if Kailin's throwing the party it's going to be a great time!
My other favorites are "Hit-toe pom-us" and "fridgadater". The one we hear most often, but which I believe will soon be replaced is "shish". Kailin has a "shish tank" and loves to feed her "shish" twice a day. As a parent you want your child to speak properly and we try very hard not to encourage mispronunciation by repeating the word as she says it, but "shish" is just one of those that's hard to let go of! Alas, I will also miss "peep". "Is Daddy still peepin'?" is just too cute (and knowing she'll say it actually compels me to let the man sleep in some mornings!). We work on how to say the real words, but sometimes it pains me to know that these gems will all too soon be gone for good. Lastly (and then I promise to stop droning on about how cute this all is....), I love when she's going to "six" something. Whether the object or situation actually gets fixed is of no matter - her attempts to "six" it are good enough for me!
Oh, okay, I lied. I have to throw in her version of the alphabet song. It goes a lot like this a, b, c...e, f, g, h....j, k....uh uh uh...P! q, r, X, tuvx, y,Z!!!!! Now I know.....next time won't you sing with me. (make sure you pause after all the commas and then slam tuvx all together as fast as you can!) I love it. I try to get her to sing it at least 900 times a day.
Alright - enough for one day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
We have the same thing over here. About 2-3 years ago I realized DS said thinger instead of finger. He learned it because it was a spelling word. He wanted to know what a finger was. After we had a great laugh, we talked and if you say thinger, it really sounds like finger. DD has her own word for it, singer. I caught DS saying thinger the other day and just smiled. Both kids know the real word, but in our house, we each have a finger, thinger, and singer.
Post a Comment