Last night we had what I'd like to call the "All American Supper". (Yes, I shamelessly ripped Denny's off there. If our family ate faster I'd have gone whole hog and called it a Slam.) We had hamburgers (on the grill), baked beans, cucumber salad (a summer favorite of mine) and corn on the cob. YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!
I gave Kailin her half cob and Colby was all over it. Pointing, shrieking...the whole 9 yards. I figured I'd let him give it a try and see what happened. To say that Colby loves corn on the cob would be the understatement of the century. The boy was all over it. He snarfed down his first half cob and then bellowed loudly anytime anyone else at the table had any. We gave him a second half cob and he shrieked something terrible when Steve took the EMPTY cob away from him. We've deemed him "Corn Dracula".
Anytime Steve approached his chair with the corn, he would open his mouth like a little bird and then lunge forward for the corn before Steve could even get it anywhere near his mouth. It was hysterical to watch! If you visit us this summer, request that corn on the cob be on the menu. The dinner theater is worth having to pick your teeth for an hour afterwards!Meanwhile....anytime you take a picture of Colby, Kailin will chime in.... "picture me!!" I was trying to "picture her" last night at dinner and all she would do is give me this cheesy grin showing ALL of her teeth. I tried to tell her to smile "regular" which then got me the non smile. Finally, in desperation, I made her laugh in hopes that I could get a "real smile." Third try's a charm, I guess!! 




4 comments:
Corn please, when we are there next month!
That is so neat saying that!
Love,
Carrie
Hmmm......the love of corn on the cob must be a taiwan thing........that is Emma's FAVORITE food!!!!! :) How funny!
Carrie - I'll put it on the menu for sure (provided I can find some!)
Nicole - that's uncanny!! Kailin loves it as well - maybe it's a Chinese thing... ha ha ha.
oh my gosh, that corn dracula picture is HILARIOUS! i would like to write a sermon based on that picture somehow, so i could put that up on the screen for the whole congregation to see (with parent's permission of course!). hmm...hungering for god, god's love is like corn on the cob because you always want more...i'll have to keep thinking ;)
Post a Comment