Two...two....two stories in one!!
The vroom story is sort of a non-story. It's more my own bemusement at my son's new skill of making sound effects while driving cars around on our living room floor. It was just beyond cute and he was quite proud of (and entertained with) himself for doing it. ha ha ha. Little stinkpot!!
We took a walk at Harrington Beach State Park the other day and took a trail we'd never tried before. It took us over the prairie rather than our usual traipse through the woods. We saw a Thrush and that was neat - haven't seen one in awhile. After a little while we came to an area that had obviously been killed off - not sure if it was in lieu of a controlled burn or what, but all the vegetation was deader than a doornail. It made for a lovely palette for animal tracks!! We saw tons of deer tracks so I decided it was high time that Kailin learned about animal tracks. I pointed to the two holes in the ground and asked her if she knew what it was. She said no. I told her that a deer made them with it's foot and she said, "A TRACK!" I had to laugh. We looked a little longer and found a turkey track. I asked her if she could see any tracks (there were plenty!) and she said excitedly, "I see one!! I see a track!!" I asked her to show me and she pulled me forward toward what I could tell was NOT a track. We arrived at the "track" and she said, (imagine these words in a very serious tone and entirely enunciated...) "Mom. That is NOT a track. THAT is a POOP." Again, I had to laugh. She then turned our track search into a poop search. I suppose I should still be proud of my budding naturalist, but it did lose a little ambiance!!
I also wanted to note that last night I took her with me to run some errands and have some girl time. On our way she suddenly blurted out, "Daddy peent (paint)." I said, "Daddy peed or Daddy painted?" She said, "Daddy PEEEEEEEENNNNNTTTTTT" (Okay!!!! Geez!!!). I asked what Daddy painted. She said, "Daddy paint by the door. Daddy put tape on porch." We painted the porch rail and door trim this time LAST YEAR. I can't believe she pulled that out. Makes me look ahead in horror over what inappropriate time she will choose to recall our "poop hunt" of late!! We had a great time running the errands and she was absolutely entranced with the cart system at Aldi. I let her keep the quarter and that was just icing on the cake!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment