The week in review.... (the pictures pretty much capture the mood this week - just barely acceptable or downright ugly... poor little guy! The last picture is my favorite. He is into making the O sound and he makes the tiniest little o with his mouth and then says "OH........." and I was dying to get it before it was gone!)"Heads together", I'm a little (oh fine, now I'm losing adjectives!! I thought it was just nouns! What's the word for when you have mixed feelings about something.....not confused, but I swear it starts with con...probably not -ooh, after finishing this paragraph it came to me - CONFLICTED!)_____ about. It used to be a favorite game (of his, not always of mine) and has gone by the wayside in favor of pointing at random objects and saying "uh?" The objects are random to me - not to him. Should you fail to correctly identify the object (which is not always located in the house - might be that he's pointing outside at something you can't even walk up to), the pointing and "uh" will continue until you succeed. Part(s) of me (the bruised and battered ones) aren't so sad to see Heads Together move along, but another part of me (my mommy heart, I think) is sad to see that in just 4 short weeks he's already grown into a new phase in his life.
He is surely growing even more comfortable here and letting us see the real, true blue Colby more often. He's still a good sleeper and he still loves to make us laugh, but he's also a people pleaser. He delights in it, but it is not his driving force. He is an obedient child for the most part - more so than I'd expect from a 15 month old. He tries to be obedient even when it doesn't suit him, but forcing your hand if he declines will usually result in an unsavory reaction from the little man. ha ha. He is a tender boy most of the time and loves to snuggle with us (or his blankie). Balls are a favorite toy and climbing, plowing into, (as of yesterday) jumping on, crawling through...mark some of his favorite activities - he is ALL boy!
He's already learned several baby signs and (I'll live to regret this...Kailin taught me that!) I hope his verbal responses will follow soon. His comprehensive English is quite good considering he's not been hearing it for long, so that's helpful. I think his urge to investigate and problem solve probably help us tons in this respect.I've felt bad for him this week as he is getting the wicked incisors and then was socked with a cold on top of it. Poor guy! He's not been eating well this week. I think in the earlier part of the week it was due to cold symptoms and lack of appetite. Later in the week, I think it was teeth. Yesterday it pained me to see him refuse cheerios in the morning. He'd put one in his mouth and then reach in and remove it again. It was clear that he was hungry, so I ended up giving him baby food and yogurt for breakfast. By noon things must have calmed down a bit in his mouth and for dinner he was back to eating several portions worth of veggies and pasta with chicken, so I knew he was on the mend in all respects. This morning he's been able to actually breathe through his nose again most of the time, so he was able to drink a bottle in less than 47 minutes for the first time all week! Progress for both of us. I've noticed less drool these past couple of days, so I'm hoping those dumb teeth are almost ready to pop and we can get entirely back to a normal (and dryer) life!

No comments:
Post a Comment