Sunday, May 18, 2008

One fish, two fish, red fish, THREE blue fish??

We got Kailin a 10 gallon aquarium for Christmas. I think I posted once before about how the "$24.99" aquarium had actually cost somewhere around $150 (after rocks, decorations, plants, food, water conditioner, salt, and about 8 sets of fish (slight exaggeration) when we weren't getting the water balance right). I was frustrated and annoyed and wishing we'd never gotten the darn thing.

Well..... times change. We've had the same fish now (knock on wood) since about February and I enjoy watching them swim around. When we got back from Taiwan, we discovered that we had a baby fish in our tank! This is utterly amazing since we were supposed to have all male fish... so much for that! I kept thinking the baby fish (which was really hard to find in the beginning) looked bigger or smaller on any given day until I realized there were TWO baby fish!

We've had a really fun time watching them grow and now they're big enough to have come out of hiding and swim with the big fishies. We've been so curious as to which fish they'd be. Originally we thought maybe they were the red fish with the black fins, but that was unlikely since we only have one of those. They're finally big enough to show their true colors and the verdict is in... they are going to be blue Mollies. Hooray - that's my favorite fish in our tank. Kailin loves her baby fish and shows them excitedly to anyone who enters the house. ha ha. I guess I was too quick to judge back in the days of "which fish will die today?"

No comments: