Thursday, May 22, 2008
Yes Mam!!!
Bet you all thought that was a spelling error on my part. Nope. I did really mean "yes Mam!" because Colby finally took a full blooded American pacifier!! After I just asked a friend who's traveling to Taiwan in a week or so to pick some more up for us if she could find them (my attempt at getting him to switch a week or so ago was met with much ANGER including trying to forcibly rip the new bink leash off of his shirt!), he bit through the one I just gave him two days ago even though I started giving it to him only at naps and bedtime. That leaves us with just one more Chinese bink and over two weeks til we might possibly have some more. Drastic action was in order! I detached his "old new" bink from his favorite bink leash and attached the Mam one and clipped it on. He recognized the foe from his previous encounter and forcibly (there were teeth involved!) inserted and removed it from his mouth about 7 times. He examined it closely, put it in my mouth a couple of times, and then put it back in his own and left it there. Hallelujah!! I was seriously concerned about the quality of life in this house if we had a bink incident with no solution in site (or in country!)! He's had the new bink for 24 hours now and is doing fine. It is somewhat of a testament to Colby's temperament. He is very fiery on the surface, but in the end, he's a reasonable little guy and accepts his fate if he sees that there's just no way the battle will be won. He's no pushover, but he knows his limits. He also figures, I think, that anything attached to the end of the beloved bink leash can't be all that bad. Ha ha.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment