Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Tiny dancer

I have a tiny (or not so tiny) dancer on my hands. Colby is really into bopping along with whatever music is playing. It's pretty cute and I need to get it on video before it goes away.

His "ooooooo" has turned into a one syllable "uhoooooo" which I think will phase into a full fledged "uh-oh" soon. I wish I could say that "Maaa maaa maaaa" refers to me, but it means "more" instead. Oh well... ha ha. I remember that uh-oh and more were a jumping off point for Kailin's language development, so I'm excited to see if Colby's about to take the leap or if he's more of a "wade in" kind of guy. He's got the signs for hungry, thirsty, more, and all done down pat, so that has helped a ton. I'd forgotten how hard it was to have a child whose needs you aren't sure of (ie; one who cannot go on in great detail about the nature of his needs the way his sister can).

Kailin has given up "scewfdiver" and can say screwdriver now. Darn. I liked that one. Oh well....

My little man wants some lap time, so I best get going. I do have a longer post about yesterday, but it might have to wait for nap time. (Incidentally - spell check doesn't think that scewfdiver is a word! How absurd! Clearly spell check is broken..... ha ha ha)

No comments: