Sunday, May 18, 2008

And......

A lot of Kailin's statements these days start with "Annnnnnddddd". As in "Annnnnnddd then I didn't listen aaannnndd then you haffa carry my bike aaaaannnnndd then I walk and we go bank."

Last night just after story time in those sweet moments (usually sweet -sometimes rushed - and occasionally purposely forgotten after a rough day) when we snuggle in her bed together and after she said, "I love you the whole world!" 37 times (all of which I soaked up like a sponge), she came up with this statement... "Mom?" "yes, honey?" "I love you the whole world...aaaaannnnndddd don't take your bwa off!" Ummmmm...... what's the response to that? I asked her what she meant and she said, "Just don't take it off, okay Mama?" Can't say I honored that one. Sleeping in a bra is not my idea of a good night's rest!!! It tickled me to my very core, though - the thoughts that run through that girl's head are just beyond words sometimes!!

In other vocabulary news, tonight she said, "think think think!" instead of "sink, sink, sink" so that's a big change in her language skills

One other interesting Kailin tidbit is that she's starting to say "remember when" and sometimes the event she's remembering is months old and long forgotten. I wonder how much of her memory she's able to articulate and what goes on her mind that she's not sharing. For instance, today she was remembering that Grandma brought her home once. Indeed she did. But is she only remembering that it happened, or is she actually getting a mental picture of what that was like or how it felt? Are these memories that she has now ones that will stick with her through life or will they go away when they're replaced with something else? I have memories from around age 3 and onward, so it's certainly possible. I guess time will tell...but it's curious to me and I love to see her developing.

No comments: