Friday, May 9, 2008

Now THAT's a mouth full!!!

I was going to post this yesterday, but we had a visit from our friends the Lemms during the day and then the rest of the day just sort of...slipped away. This first picture is one I call "bucket full of Colby". He was delighted with the game Uncle Jason invented of raising and lowering him in the bucket. Peels of laughter abounded!

We were eating dinner the other night and Colby jammed his mouth SOOOO full of food that he couldn't even close it!! I laughed out loud at him, and he one upped me by showing me the entire contents of his mouth (which included carrots, cauliflower, and broccoli as you can see here). Then I was laughing out of control! I told him to show Steve and he was only too happy to comply. How he didn't choke, I'll never know!! I suppose I shouldn't be complaining that my son was stuffing his mouth with vegetables!!!


His uh-oh is a full blown two syllable word now and he continues to develop his dance skills - much to my amusement! He's attempting the stairs now and quite proud of himself when he manages the whole flight. We tried the swing at the park yesterday and it still scares him to death, but I found that if I barely swung him and stood right in front of him so he could "get me" each time, he was okay. Baby steps, I guess. The slide, on the other hand, was a hit!


Kailin is starting to play (nicely) with her brother and he is learning that she's not always out to get him, so that's been a great development this week. She had the rest of her M's after dinner the same night as Colby stuffed his face and she wanted me to "picture" her. Here's the result - entirely adorable if you ask me!


Things here have been a little crazy as we settle into "real life". Both kids are now up at 6 or before (Kailin is ALWAYS up before 6), so showering is becoming a challenge for me. Colby still WAILS the entire time I'm in the shower if he's in the bathroom, so I'm trying to come up with ideas for what to do about that. Suggestions happily taken!

It's going to be a busy Mother's Day weekend for us - but a fun one full of family. That's my favorite. This will be the first Mother's Day that all of the Schultz women are mothers and I'm looking forward to spending the day with with them. I'm so thankful that God has blessed me with two beautiful kids who both have a wealth of personality and who fill my heart with joy (most of the time... ha ha). They truly are the twinkle in my eye and the light in my life. Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers reading this!

1 comment:

Sarah k said...

LOL, too cute! Jer does the same "stuffing of face" that Colby is trying on... Orphanage induced? lol.
The pics are too cute!!! And good big sister Kailin! That is good news about them getting along.