Monday, July 28, 2008

Sunscream and flying crispies...

I had the kids outside on Thursday, but it was too chilly to play in the water table. I got out our other outdoor toys and Kailin came over to ask me to help her throw the crispy. I was stumped. What do we have that sounds like crispy? Balls...trucks...lawn mower...buckets...shovels....
crispy...crispy....crispy...FRISBEE!!!!!!! So she learned to throw the crispy on Thursday. It's still hit or miss, but she's doing pretty well!

I brought the little boys out to play when they got up from their naps. Kailin asked me if I was going to put sunscream on them. It only then occurred to me that "sunscream" is what she's always called it - and maybe I ought to document that one before it is gone. That and her "bathing soup". Not sure how that would taste....not sure I want to know!

I've decided to nix swimming lessons. It would've been nice to have her in lessons with Dakota, but at the same token, we'd have to miss 2 of 10 and I really doubt that she'd let me leave her and I'd have to be wrangling Colby tonight. I don't trust that I'd be able to pay attention to her and comfort her near the pool whilst trying to contain him (and it would be LOUD when he figured out that he wasn't going to get to swim....). Just not optimal for us. Oh well - there's always next session.

No comments: