
Not so much mine as Colby's. Last night he knocked a chair from the "tiny table" over onto his foot. He gave me quite a scare because my tough little boy HOWLED like I've never heard him howl before for a LONG time. I was getting worried that maybe he'd broken it - the chairs are very sturdy and solid wood - those buggers are heavy!! He finally calmed down and a few minutes later I noticed that his toe was hard as a rock and his nail was getting black. Ick. I did call the Dr. because I was worried about his toe being so hard. She said that unless he won't walk on it, they prefer to leave it alone, so that's what we're doing for now. It's tender and he was up in the night a couple of times, but other than that, he's still motoring around like always. I do swear that boy will have us in the ER before he's five!! We've come close twice now....
I also thought you'd like to see a picture of Captain Cocoabeard from the other morning. Our kids get sugared cereal once a week on Saturday morning. Kailin always picks cocoa puffs, so we let Colby have some this weekend. The result, as you can see, was a bit hilarious. As of yesterday, he's making "bock bock bock" for a chicken noise and is starting to imitate more and more sounds. I think I've heard a few "dada"s and he's working hard on "dog". His comprehensive English continues to amaze me sometimes, so I suppose it won't be long and I'll be wondering why I couldn't wait for him to talk!
Then of course Kailin wanted me to "picture her" and I was only too happy to oblige. Who could resist a face like hers?
I also thought you'd like to see a picture of Captain Cocoabeard from the other morning. Our kids get sugared cereal once a week on Saturday morning. Kailin always picks cocoa puffs, so we let Colby have some this weekend. The result, as you can see, was a bit hilarious. As of yesterday, he's making "bock bock bock" for a chicken noise and is starting to imitate more and more sounds. I think I've heard a few "dada"s and he's working hard on "dog". His comprehensive English continues to amaze me sometimes, so I suppose it won't be long and I'll be wondering why I couldn't wait for him to talk!
Then of course Kailin wanted me to "picture her" and I was only too happy to oblige. Who could resist a face like hers? She let me dunk her twice at swimming last night and also swam on her own (doggie paddle) with a couple of pool noodles, so she's coming along and getting braver than I ever would've given her credit for!!
My kids are constantly amazing me (and challenging me and making me question my parenting abilities and methods --and sometimes my sanity!). I'm so thankful to be their mom and even more thankful that I have such a supportive and loving husband to help me through it all!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment