Sunday, July 20, 2008

Kailin's big night out

Friday we headed out to the Lemm's to scan some photos and then went over to my mom's. The kids had a great time playing with her, as always, and we had some yummy chicken casserole for lunch. The kids went down for a much needed nap, and I spent some quality time with my mom.
Kailin spent the night at my mom's and needed a little convincing that it was indeed what she wanted to do when it came time for me to leave. (A little reminder about all the fun they'd be having and the promise of a trip to the park was all it took for her to be saying, "Bye Mom! Take Colby home now. You come back tomorrow - get me!") Colby was horrified when I put him in the car and Kailin's seat was gone. He shrieked and pointed at the empty space for five minutes before I could convince him that it was okay and we'd see Kailin the next day.

Our evening was quiet, but it turns out that Kailin was whooping it up with my mom. Well, all told, she whooped it up! I think they turned in early on Friday night after a yummy dinner of spaghettios, but Saturday they managed the park, McDonald's, and the dollar store - all before nap! Mom said that while they were playing "going to the store" she told Kailin to run in and get some graham crackers, milk, and cereal. Kailin got out of the car and ran in, exclaiming "I found the graham crappers!!" Ha ha ha. I'm sorry I missed that little gem!
Saturday I enjoyed some alone time with Colby as Steve was working and Kailin was still at my mom's house. He was cracking me up with his funny little habits and, as my sister calls it, his dirty little laugh. Unfortunately, I was planning to throw caution to the wind and sleep until whenever my little sleeper got up (since I'd been getting up at my usual time all week). "My little sleeper" slept til the crack of 5:15 which is EARLIER than I'd gotten up the rest of the week!!! Oh well... he took a great morning nap for me! My mom called to advise that Kailin had a runny nose and while we were on the phone, she asked if Kailin wanted to talk to me. I heard a resounding, "YES!!!" in the background. She got on and said, "HI MOM!!! I'm having a good time. I'm CLEANING sunting!" That indeed would be Kailin's idea of a good time. ha ha ha.
Before I knew it, it was time to load up and head off to pick up Steve and then Kailin and then it was time for Ellie's birthday party! The kids had a good time, but Kailin was a little overwhelmed by the crowd and reentry into family life. Colby was overjoyed at the presence of many balloons, but by a little after 7 they were both DONE. We headed for home.

No comments: