Wednesday, July 23, 2008

A fine vintage for.....PINEAPPLE?!

I was shocked the other day as I opened a can of pineapple to make pistachio fluff for Ellie's birthday party. The expiration date was 2029. Seriously. I read and re-read it. 2029. 21 years from now. Really? Really I'd want to just make this fluff for Kailin's 24th birthday with THIS VERY CAN of pineapple and it would taste great? In fact, maybe people will rave about the pistachio fluff and I can say, "well it's that 2008 pineapple - it makes all the difference!" Well heck, I should stockpile it at today's prices then and never have to worry about inflation again.... ha ha ha.

Speaking of Ellie's birthday party - I did forget my camera, but thankfully Katie Lemm captured this moment for me.... Colby "riding" a tricycle. His legs were too short to reach the pedals, so he scooched forward on the seat as far as he could go and then paddled along on his tiptoes with his belly poked out and his arms pulled back (since he was hanging on to the handlebars). The picture truly doesn't do it any justice, but it was HYSTERICAL!! The finale was when he gave up on the tricycle and loaded into the little red car (you moms know of which I speak), slammed the door and took off - backwards, in a circle, as fast as he could go. PRICELESS!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Love that picture of Colby! He has grown so much since I saw him. Precious!!