Yesterday the kids delighted me with their version of the K&C Moving Company as they carried Kailin's doll bunk beds round and round through the house. Colby thought it was hysterical and laughed the entire time and Kailin thought it was funny that he thought it was funny, so then she was giggling. The boys just watched. ha ha. I bought beets at the farmer's market the weekend before last. They're a favorite with the whole family and I meant to have them last week. Anyway, I boiled them all up last night (my original intention was to try roasting them, but we were running the air conditioning and I just couldn't justify heating up the house with the oven....although then I went upstairs to take a break and Steve turned it on to make french fries... ha ha ha. Oh well!). As they were boiling, my whole house smelled like dirt. That doesn't sound as poetic as it should. Maybe I should say that it smelled earthy. Anyway, I love the smell of earth and in the absence of a garden this year (I'm hoping to put in a vegetable garden next year), I'll take it however I can get it. The kids snarfed down two portions each and Steve and I followed suit. I'm sure we'll all be seeing the results of our efforts today, but those fresh beets are soooo sweet and good - who can resist?
I had to throw on this picture of Colby from yesterday. It was his first efforts at finger painting. He did really well right up until the end. He was overjoyed to be able to choose the colors of paint and despite his tendency to avoid a mess, he delved right in. Then....I turned my back and he REALLY got into it! Ha ha ha. It was a breeze to clean up and he had a ball. Well worth the effort!

No comments:
Post a Comment