Sunday, August 24, 2008

If the shoe were on the other foot...

That would be just fine for Colby! The boy is INFATUATED with shoes right now!

I've had to box up our normal pile of shoes near the front door. Although it doesn't bother me in the least to have him don a pair (mismatched or otherwise) and tramp around the house, he comes UNGLUED when they fall off his feet. Given that almost to a pair they are at minimum several sizes too large for him - that happens quite a bit. We're not talking about an average, run of the mill, frustration tantrum. We're talking about a golly-whopper, put out, put upon, the world is ending RIGHT NOW tantrum over it EVERY TIME!!!

Anyway, it is hysterical to watch him carefully put on Steve's hikers - which are nearly knee boots on him - and clomp around the house with a Cheshire grin on his face. His true favorites are Kailin's pink glitter shoes, although I have yet to capture that on film (oh, but trust me, I will!!). He'll wear any shoe, any size, on any foot. Friday morning he put Kailin's old, lime green Mary Jane Crocs on. He had them on the wrong feet, but they fit well enough that he kept them on for quite some time. Kailin declared that they matched his outfit (they did indeed) and that he should wear them all day long. I thought better of it and had him change before we went out. ha ha.

His speech is really coming along. Doggy is now pretty clear as is Daddy. He's working on Bear, and seems to be calling Kailin, "K K". We think we heard "thirsty" earlier today. He's making a lot of syllables - even if they don't coordinate with the right ones and he's starting to mimic a little. I'm sure it won't be long now and I'll be wondering why I was so anxious for him to talk!

No comments: