Thursday, August 7, 2008

Snuggle bug

We're weaning Colby of his morning naps. It's nice during the week to have a break in the morning, but it's a royal pain on the weekends to have to try to plan around two naps. It's time. But it's not easy (and also not fun). We were outside much of the morning today as it is one of those days that's just glorious beyond compare - birds singing, breeze blowing, temperate, blue sky (no scent of charring brownies on the air).... a true gift from God. Anyway, Colby just came over and crawled up into my lap with his blanket and is, to my surprise, out like a light all snuggled up on my chest. I could be annoyed that he probably won't take a good afternoon nap, but I'm choosing to take it in and snuggle him back and appreciate this rare chance and this fleeting time. Too soon he won't want my snuggles anymore and too soon I'll be wishing for this time back. And also too soon the noodles will be done and I'll have to disturb his peaceful dreams. But for this moment I will thank God for my boy and for this day and for these few minutes when I can feel his sweet fuzz on my face and his hot breath on my chest and revel in motherhood. There goes the timer. Figures. Ha ha.