Thursday, August 21, 2008

Smooth sailing....

I'm sure I'm the only one who does this.... but I get really annoyed with shaving my legs in the summer. (I'm sure I'm NOT the only one with that opinion, though!!) I get so annoyed, in fact, that I find myself assessing the probability that someone will NOTICE my unshaven legs on any given day before deciding whether or not to go ahead and shave them. Then inevitably the day comes when I can either stand it no more or I determine that the probability of someone noticing is in fact GREAT and I do the deed. More often than not, I then spend the rest of the day wondering why I don't do it more often as it is sort of freeing to have the freshly shaven (which spell check has just informed me is not in fact a word - but I'm leaving it. Shaved just doesn't sound right) legs. Maybe it's only freeing BECAUSE I let it go so long. Now there's a thought!!

I have similar feelings about unloading my dishwasher. I've determined that it only takes me about 5 minutes (or less) to empty it and I very much enjoy the feeling of having a clean kitchen counter. Yet I'm compelled to procrastinate every single time. Another unsolved mystery of my life -- and don't get me started on what happens when the dryer is full of the last load of clean (and dry) clothes....

1 comment:

Carrie said...

You are way too much like me. Those are absolutely 3 of the things I ponder about on a daily basis. Of course, I could never put it into words with as much elegance as you do.