Today was noteworthy - little snippets here and there all day long that stuck out to me.Dakota starts school next week and as I watched him and Kailin sitting on the couch this morning next to each other I thought about how things will never again be quite the same after Thursday. So I snapped the shot to the right to remind me of Kailin's early friendships and of the days when she had a full time playmate and was able to just be a kid all day long. Not that she won't be a kid all day long anymore after Thursday, but she'll have just the Wonder Twins and me for entertainment in the mornings come Tuesday and although I can't seem to articulate it, it'll be different.
I've also been thinking a lot about the relationship that has formed between the Wonder Twins. They don't have the social skills that the older two have, yet they can be so tender with each other (see picture) and then other times...not so much. One thing you can usually bet on, though - where you find one, you will find the other! Colby does not play on the stairs, but Dawson does - so if Dawson is on the stairs, you can bet Colby will be right behind him. Dawson doesn't play in the cupboards (or the dog bowl) but if Colby does, you can be sure Dawson will be right there with him. If Dawson wears one sock, so does Colby. I'm going to be curious to watch their friendship blossom as they get older. Now if I could just get them to stop sharing cups....Kailin was singing today and the song went like this...."It's raining, it's pouring....the old man didn't get up til the next day...." I thought it was cute. Steve informs me that this evening's version was "It's raining, it's pouring, the old man bumped his head and he wouldn't wake up...." There's also a racy version of Ring Around the Rosey that goes like this, "Ring around the rosey, *sses, *sses, we all fall down!" Hmmmm... hope that one doesn't last too long! ha ha ha.
She was also trying to convince me that a Jack in the Box was actually a weasel which tells me that she doesn't get the difference between the name of the item and the song it plays - but it's darn cute! She wanted to play a pretend game this afternoon and I was amused that it turned out to be exactly like her Cariboo game except that it was called "hugs" (but didn't involve any) and she advertised it as "hugs" and was almost angry when I didn't know what to do to play it. It got quite intricate with her telling me which "stack" of cards was the old one and which one I should be drawing from. That girl's got some imagination!

Well....I had finally had enough of the "wings" over Colby's ears and got out the clippers. I think he is adorable with his new, short haircut. He wasn't too sure at the outset, but then decided it felt okay and giggled through most of the haircut. I know the "before picture" isn't as clear as I'd like, but his fuzz was getting long. It needed to go. Yet it felt a little weird to throw it out after we were done.In news for me, I've decided to make a little business out of designing the invitations, announcements, and thank yous I've been doing for my own family. Some of the graphics designers who have been so nice to allow me to use their graphics have asked for copies of what I make. I'm happy to say that one of the designers I sent one of my invitations to gave me some very positive feedback and is planning to use my design for her own sister's baby shower! I was very flattered! I'm still undecided as to whether or not I'll put up a blog with my stuff on it or just go word of mouth, but I'm excited to be doing something I enjoy and hopefully making a little extra money doing it!

No comments:
Post a Comment