There is a lot in life that I don't know. But here are two things I do.
Just when I think my kids have driven me to the very edge of what I can stand - to the point I want to throw up my hands and say "You win - you're too much for me today and I give up!" one of them will inevitably do something that warms my heart to it's very core and proves to me that putting up with all the frustrating, nuts driving, insanity will pay out a million fold in moments like these. We were all upstairs after Colby's nap and Kailin got a time-out for refusing to give her brother back his bink after she'd been told numerous times to do so. She refused to take the time out and as a result, lost her stuffed bear and moose while she was in her room. Colby gathered them up and he and I sat in the rocking chair until Kailin was ready to come out. She asked for her animals back, as I knew she would. I told her that she could have one or the other and she could choose, but that you lose your turn with toys when you have to go to time out. I prepared for a fit and another time-out. She looked at me and looked at her brother. I bristled with anticipation and told her to go ahead and choose or I would choose for her. She looked at me with a smile and said, "I will wait, Mama. I will wait for Colby be done." I could've cried tears of joy. I wait and wait for the day when the tender times number more than the fights and days like today give me hope.
The other thing I know is that Colby adores Fraggle Rock. I bought a couple of dvds for Kailin thinking it would be a change from her normal
animated stuff. She doesn't really like it all that much. Colby, on the other hand, squeals with delight at the Fraggles bouncing around. He grooves and bops to "Dance your cares away....worries for another day...." I love it. I love watching my kids delight in anything - it's a better feeling than any other I know.
One last thing - We went for a couple of bike rides this weekend and both times the kids both fell asleep - on each other. It was darling to see and I'll add the picture we took to this post as soon as I upload it.
Just when I think my kids have driven me to the very edge of what I can stand - to the point I want to throw up my hands and say "You win - you're too much for me today and I give up!" one of them will inevitably do something that warms my heart to it's very core and proves to me that putting up with all the frustrating, nuts driving, insanity will pay out a million fold in moments like these. We were all upstairs after Colby's nap and Kailin got a time-out for refusing to give her brother back his bink after she'd been told numerous times to do so. She refused to take the time out and as a result, lost her stuffed bear and moose while she was in her room. Colby gathered them up and he and I sat in the rocking chair until Kailin was ready to come out. She asked for her animals back, as I knew she would. I told her that she could have one or the other and she could choose, but that you lose your turn with toys when you have to go to time out. I prepared for a fit and another time-out. She looked at me and looked at her brother. I bristled with anticipation and told her to go ahead and choose or I would choose for her. She looked at me with a smile and said, "I will wait, Mama. I will wait for Colby be done." I could've cried tears of joy. I wait and wait for the day when the tender times number more than the fights and days like today give me hope.
The other thing I know is that Colby adores Fraggle Rock. I bought a couple of dvds for Kailin thinking it would be a change from her normal
animated stuff. She doesn't really like it all that much. Colby, on the other hand, squeals with delight at the Fraggles bouncing around. He grooves and bops to "Dance your cares away....worries for another day...." I love it. I love watching my kids delight in anything - it's a better feeling than any other I know.One last thing - We went for a couple of bike rides this weekend and both times the kids both fell asleep - on each other. It was darling to see and I'll add the picture we took to this post as soon as I upload it.

1 comment:
I loved Fraggle Rock!!! What were the little builder names that build the crystal structures?? I can't remember but then it's been like 20+ years since I have seen it!!! LOL!
Post a Comment