We had a low-key day today. We knew that today would be one of our last frivolous weekend days for a long while as Kailin starts Cricket School next Saturday and Sunday school next Sunday so our weekend mornings are all spoken for for the foreseeable future. We walked Sugar (who then pooped out for the whole rest of the day), I did the grocery shopping ALONE(shockingly, Kailin was offered the opportunity to go with me and chose to stay home with Daddy and Colby...will wonders never cease?!), the kids had a nap, and then I herded them outside to play in the water table. Steve ran off to do an errand. (Steve says Colby looks a lot older in this picture - I said it's because his hair is pasted down - and his hair is NEVER pasted down!!)The kids were having a good time and Colby was allowing his sister t repeatedly douse him with freezing cold hose water. That boy is a saint!! I got out the camera and snapped some shots. Anyone who knows me well knows that my photographic forte (or tendency anyway) is the extreme close-up. I took plenty of those with my long lens, but this is my favorite picture of Colby from this afternoon. This expression was just priceless! He later tried to drink from the hose. Kailin told him this was not acceptable and instead filled the back of a plastic dump truck and told him to drink from there. What a loving sister she is....ha!
Kailin was just having the time of her life flinging the hose around (I left it on a slow run to avoid having to traipse over and back again every five minutes to fill the water table). I wished I had the short lens on the camera, though, when she took the hose and delightedly....well.... let's just say that she made the Fleet company proud. Ha ha. Not quite, but it was quite a sight for sure!! She giggled and so did I. I bet it was quite a shock - cold hose water! I had such a fun time sitting outside with the kids - soaking up the last bits of summer sun. Sure I know that we'll have plenty more warm days before Winter is nipping at our heels, but with classes starting next weekend it feels like the true "free as a bird" summer days are over. I'm not sure why I feel that way, but I do. I was glad to enjoy the time with them today (and then of course we came in to change and make dinner and they both got ornery and I was thrust back into counting the minutes until bedtime. Ha ha ha!), and I'm glad I went back into the house to grab the camera.

2 comments:
Both of the pictures are wonderful. Each of the kiddos is growing up way to fast for my liking! :) I guess that's the way it's supposed to be. If you still longing for summer, it's going to be 98 here today (Yuk!!), but Gustav has sucked the humidity out, so the weather man says it's "pleasant" outside. We may disagree on "pleasant."
Awesome pics!!!
Colby just looks like a little man there- yes, plastered hair helps!!!
And Kailin is always precious-at least in pictures! ;-)
Post a Comment