Monday, April 14, 2008

We are the champions....

We've (the kids and I) conquered our first day alone together and we are all still standing!! Steve is working half days these next two weeks, so we had our first morning alone this morning. It went better than expected! Fewer tears than I thought (and NONE on my part - ha ha) and fewer battles.

Colby is coming around. I am almost always just as acceptable as his daddy - except when he's overtired (or angry - that little guy holds a grudge like no other!). Kailin still struggles with the change from time to time, but has done far better than we expected - and her interactions directly with her brother are almost always positive. She still delights in him when he wakes up and likes to go on in detail about all the things she's going to teach him, so I do truly believe that when all this adjusting is said and done - they're going to have a fierce bond. I feel sorry for anyone who deigns to mess with Kailin's brudder!!!

It's beautiful here today, so we're all going to head out for a walk as soon as the kids wake up (not that I'm trying to say we'd like them to wake up earlier than necessary!). I'll try to snap some outdoor shots of the kids and post them later.

Tomorrow he's got his first doctor appointment and I'm really curious to see where he falls on the US growth charts and just how long and heavy he really is. He's got a pair of 12month pants on today, so he's all over the board and I'm just curious about whether he's middle of the road or above average when it comes to height and weight. I'll be sure to fill you all in as soon as I can so that you can finally get some rest. Ha ha ha.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I'm so glad you are seeing such progress with Colby so quickly. I knew you would. I don't know a better mother.

Sarah k said...

Sarah,
Ok. You are doing great! Hang in there!!! Soon it will be like all were always there, you know that!!! Seems pretty Awesome!!! I am so happy to see things going well for you guys!!! AND the kids are soooooo cute!!!!