Monday, April 21, 2008

An ugly sort of day...

The weather told it all. I woke to a grey and foggy day. I thought it was supposed to be nice. The weatherman told me that it would be 76 inland today, but as always, "cooler by the lake" (except in the winter when it is "warmer by the lake"). This meant 64 for us. I can deal with 64. I still wasn't enjoying the fog. The fog was apparently an omen. I don't really believe in omens, but I do believe that it set the mood - consciously or subconsciously. Kailin was having a mean sort of day (mostly inflicted upon her brother, I'm afraid). He was having a whiny sort of day (partly due to his teeth, partly due to his sister, and partly due to his age, I think). As a result, or perhaps independently, I was having a nervous breakdown sort of day. Not really. I was just less patient and a bit more on edge than anyone would have liked. Ick. The fog lifted about 4pm and we took the kids outside. Some minor skirmishes erupted, but mostly we all had a good time and Steve (mostly Steve) and I got the garage cleaned out. Both kids removed their shoes and played barefoot in the grass for the first time this year. I thought that the mood had lifted with the fog, but it returned about the time Steve left for dog training. Both kids were beyond whiny - tired and hungry - and the dogs were growling and huffing at every little thing that moved outside. Ugh! I'm glad to say that it's 7:32 and both kids are sleeping soundly and tomorrow will be a better day!!!

No comments: