I can indeed see clearly now - and without ordering a new contact. The missing one never did show up, but after I wore my old contacts for a day and was uber annoyed by my right eye and wondering how I'd make it a week in my glasses (without sunglasses) in spring, I had a vision...oh, I mean - it occurred to me that my new contacts were a reduction in power from my old ones. My right eye is always "worse" than my left and if I was traveling at 32 m/sec away from the train station, I should probably meet up with Bill in approximately 7 minutes. Ha ha ha. The bottom line is that I tried my old left contact in my right eye and my new left contact in my left eye and I can see perfectly. I'm sure the fit isn't the best, but it's comfortable and for now I'm just sticking with it.
Today was, as promised, a better day!! I took the kids to Penney's for pictures. I'm thrilled to report that we got some great ones of Colby and some fantastic ones of Kailin. I'm dismayed to report that we got NONE of the two of them that were workable. Oh well - you can't have it all and it was the Colby pics I was really after. Since I can't post those pics here, I thought I'd post a pic of them wearing the adorable hats and mittens that my mom's cousin made for them. Kailin is IN LOVE with them. She tries to wear them whenever she can! We went over to see our friends the Lemms after our photo appointment and the kids had a great time playing together. Colby ate (this is noteworthy) a whole helping of macaroni and cheese, a helping of apple sauce, half of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, some strawberries, and then begged for some tortilla chips while I was eating my lunch!! Both of my kids crashed on the way home and Kailin declared 5 bites into dinner that she was too tired to eat and needed bed. Off to bed she went. Colby wailed his way through dinner (UNHEARD OF). We thought maybe he just wasn't hungry, but upon inspection at bedtime, he's getting yet another 2 teeth!
Right up until that point, though, he was in the best mood today. He laughed and giggled and played games nearly all day. I love to see his personality emerging and he is a true ham. He's happiest if he's making you laugh.
Steve poses the question, "Are you Yoda?" For the reason behind the question, you'll have to contact him.

No comments:
Post a Comment