Colby slept MUCH better last night - waking only at 9:15 (I think he got hot under his blanket) to swig a couple more ounces of his bottle (he only took about half at bedtime since poor planning on my part had dinner running up to bedtime again and he was pretty full), and then assumed the position (butt up) and drifted off. He slept til 7:00 this morning and I'll take that any day!
His sister, however, reported to our room sometime around midnight. In my dazed and confused state of mind, I had her crawl in next to me. She went immediately to sleep. So did I. The next thing I remember is a very very loud BANG! and Steve saying "What was that????" It was Bubbee (Kailin). She fell entirely off the bed and never woke until she hit the floor with a loud splat. I peered over the side of the bed and there she was - splayed out like the splat puddle on a cartoon. I said, "Are you okay?" No answer. I said, "Come back up here..." and she crawled back up on the bed - still mostly asleep. I'm so glad she wasn't hurt!! I told her she needed to sleep between us (which I'd have told her to begin with if I'd been in my right mind) and then we spent the next 2 hours trying to get her to stop thrashing around and go back to sleep. At 2:30, I'd heard Steve say "Lay still and go to sleep!" enough times to rouse me out of my wakeful/sleepy dreamlike state (in which I was always putting her back in her own bed) and got up and put her back in bed. We needed to locate chicken and after a stern talking to, he agreed to stay in bed for the rest of the night and Kailin agreed to make sure he did.
It's time to stop fooling around and get my kids dressed (and I think I smell something coming from the one who still wears diapers).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment