Ever had the desire to sleep with a goat? Or maybe a kangaroo? Kailin comes into our bed every morning around 5 or so. She's up for the day and rather than have her screaming in her room like we used to do, we'd rather have her in ours, quiet, while her brother sleeps. Once in our bed, she is physically unable to hold still and rest or sleep. Both kids were up last night and we were both exhausted this morning. I was hoping that she'd rest awhile or even deign to sleep. Not so much. As her knee or foot jabbed into my back for the 90th time inside of 5 minutes, I determined that if I'd ever had any desire to sleep with a goat or a kangaroo in my bed, it's long gone now!
Colby awoke with a nose that runs like a faucet and I can't tell just yet if it's his teeth or a cold. I could launch into a discussion about the qualities of his snot, but I think I'll spare you all the gory details and just say I'm not sure. Owing to the wakefulness in the night and the fact that my wonderful husband let me sleep until 7, we once again missed church. The plan was to go and if I'd gotten up on time, we would have. I still feel like I could use another 8 full hours of sleep. Ugh. Wish I could allow myself to nap when the kids do - but I covet that time to get other things done. I should get over it already, right? ha ha.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment