I keep forgetting to mention (more for my own benefit than for anyone else) that poor Colby is getting all four of his 1 year molars in addition to dealing with all this "stuff". They're all four pushed through, but not all the way and he's clearly bothered by them. Thank Heaven (and Jeri) for Hyland's teething tablets! They seem to help him enough that we can just medicate him at night with Motrin.
I also keep meaning to mention that if we thought that scooters were ubiquitous in China, we were either unaware of the meaning of ubiquitous, or we just had no idea about how many scooters there could be in Taiwan! They are EVERYWHERE here!! And they gaggle up at intersections and look like giant moped gangs when they shoot off as the light turns green. It's kind of funny to watch (until one almost runs you down as it comes careening around the corner). This is a small group of them at an intersection the other day. I haven't been able to get a picture of the true masses!
3 comments:
The molars plus the grieving explains a lot. Praying that all goes well at your AIT appointment and the Colby is released from his grief and turns to his mama.
I think that Colby wants a moped, that would cure all of his aches, I'm sure! :) Maybe he'd even let you ride!
Hey Saree-belle,
The "bus odyssey" comment from yesterday made me laugh out loud. You are handling everything with such grace and plucky good nature, dear. Yay, you! There is so much "newness" in this first week together-- a sense of humor is so important. I love that Colby loves Subway food! I think he takes after his Auntie Krisy. ;)
Post a Comment