Wednesday, February 4, 2009

An arrogant drunken sailor...

That's what you'd have if you combined the verbal stylings of my kids right now.

Steve and I overheard Kailin telling Colby that she is a genius last night. I don't even know where she's heard that word!! (although at least it's one I don't mind that she's repeating!) We've also heard her say "you can't be trusted" over the past two days. I wasn't sure where she'd heard that one before. She's using it in context correctly, but I don't think she knows what it really means. I was really wracking my brain about where she might've heard that someone couldn't be trusted when it dawned on me. Veggie Tales. Her favorite episode ("The Haman one" as she calls it) has a song about "those who can't be trusted". Mystery solved. Odd to think about which words and phrases make an impact on kids!!


Colby, if you haven't already figured it out, is the drunken sailor portion of the gig. His vocal stylings these days include special versions of sit/seat and also frog. What is it with my kids and frog?! Steve wants to make sure we get both on video before they're gone. Ha ha ha. He's also got some less offensive terms right now. Go-gee (doggy), bee-ba (pizza), wuh-bu (love you), and "I know...." (I don't know) are favorites around here.
Needless to say there's never a dull moment!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

You are the best writer. I love the way you think about things and can verbalize them. Now for a question....is Colby taller than Kailin?