We had Colby's birthday party on Saturday. It was such a nice one!! I have my husband to thank for most of it. Although I did make some of the food and decorate the cupcakes, he did ALLL the cleaning and prep work. He's discovered, I'm a little ashamed to admit, that doing the work himself is a far better choice than having a lunatic, out of her mind wife on party day. It seems to work for both of us and it does make me a much nicer person.Anyway, it was wonderful to see Colby so surrounded by love! He was his silly, social little self and flitted around to anyone and everyone. He was VERY excited about opening his gifts and after he felt he'd waited long enough, he walked on over and carefully moved a small gift on top of the largest one and dug right in. Ha ha ha. Someone yelled, "Colby's opening gifts" and we were off to the races. He loved everything, although at the rate he was going it was going to take 9 years to open them all as he wanted to carefully and completely dispose of EACH SCRAP of paper before proceeding. It was cute!
He blew out his own candles (okay, a little help from dad - but he did actually blow them (and they flickered a bit on the first try). He didn't seem to know what all the singing was about and got a little wide-eyed about that, but in the end he was okay with it. I took a bazillion pictures, so I'm posting most of them to our Shutterfly site instead of here or this would be a huge huge list of pictures with not a lot of text.
The house was warm and bustling with conversation and energy - just the way I like it. I did stop and say a little prayer of thanks for the wonderful family we have and that they love my kids as much as they do.

No comments:
Post a Comment