Wednesday, February 4, 2009

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING????

Who named cling wrap? I know I'm not the only one who's noticed that it never clings to anything but itself and even then sometimes it doesn't do that. I was about to complain about it and then thought "well maybe the intention is that you would wrap the item entirely in the cling wrap such that it would be contacting itself and thus cling." However, in my experience, it only ever clings to itself as you're taking it off the roll. THEN it's clingarific fantasticness. Try to apply it to anything you'd like to keep fresh and it's suddenly about as clingy as plain white paper. And yes I know that there's now Press and Seal stuff out there. And for a leak tight seal I'm glad they invented it. But seriously, in all these years since cling-wrap was first invented and we've developed computers and memory that are infinitesimally tiny compared to what they used to be, we still can't master - CLING WRAP? REALLY? Wow.

1 comment:

Sharada & Richard Kettle said...

I COMPLETELY AGREE! Cling-wrap is pretty worthless and I refuse to use it. I stick with the press and seal stuff. At least then it actually does what it says it does in the name of the product.

Shara