Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The sweetest words...

The sweetest words I've heard in a long time came today not from my beloved, but from the very girl who earlier today took a pen and wrote (ironically enough) the letters H and A on our ottoman. Needless to say, it was not a pretty day in our household. When I inquired as to who wrote the letters (and also wrote on the faces of all three children in residence this morning) the answer came "nobody". Nobody did it, eh? Well there's only one nobody in this house who knows how to write letters and further, only one nobody who has a particular penchant for the letter H. GUILTY!!!!!!!

Moving on to the better part of the day... Kailin and Steve were playing with his Facebook pet while I made dinner. She loves to buy the mystery boxes and see what's inside. Well, Steve was done with buying mystery boxes and told Kailin he was saving up for a sink and a bathtub and a stove. So she suggested they go buy the stove. They did. Then she suggested that they buy the sink and tub. Steve said they'd have to wait for another day as he was out of money. She immediately said, "I have money! In my bank - to keep it safe from Colby. He will choke." It made my heart just swell to capacity to hear her so willing to give her piggy bank money to daddy for his pet. Of course he explained the difference between real money and pretend money that Fuzz has, but that part doesn't matter much.

I'm really glad that I get to be her mom all the time and not just when I find "ha" on the ottoman - and I'm glad she's such a forgiving little girl because I didn't do a fantastic job of handling the "writing on the wall" so to speak. She didn't care, though - 10 minutes later she was back to telling me that I am her best mommy. Oh how I love that girl!

1 comment:

Jeri said...

I didn't know the story about Fuzz! Yes, children are forgiving. Thank God.