Friday, February 6, 2009

Unsatisfactory sleepwear

I'm not satisfied with my sleepwear - or ANY sleepwear for that matter. I decidedly DON'T like nightgowns because I don't enjoy waking up with my nightwear around my neck. I prefer pants. That said, I don't like ones with elastic at the bottoms of the legs because then they ride up to above my calves never to return (and possibly to cut off circulation and/or make those elastic dents in my leg). I don't like the ones without elastic because they also ride up when I wiggle around to settle in for the night. It wasn't a problem before I was married because I was only disturbing myself in my efforts to dislodge the pant leg and relocate it to my ankle region, but as a married person (and one whom is frequently settling down to sleep well after her spouse has been slumbering away), I feel an inner sense of guilt at wiggling around at all much less at wiggling around and contorting my body in bizarre ways, trying to maintain the new found "comfy position" while trying to get the pants where I want them and also not wake Steve or yank his covers off or wake him up or lose my comfy place..... It's all a little easier in summer, but for anyone about to suggest that I wear less to bed, remember that I live in the cold north and that I live with the man who, before we had children, preferred to keep our house at a balmy 58 degrees at night. I've got him up to 62 at night for the kids' sake. So anyway - I'm not in any place to be wearing less than pants, socks, and a long sleeve shirt! I think the ultimate (and definitely fashion forward) solution would be stirrup pants. ha ha. Now there's an image! I'm in a better mood just laughing at the thought.

2 comments:

Rachel d said...

Speaking of fashion forward- Have you considered adult-size footie pajamas? Amazing what you can find on line ;)

Sarah said...

I'm guessing that I'd suffer the same fate as my poor daughter - love the footie jammies and have the squished up toes (thanks to large feet) to prove it... ha ha ha.