I haven't been giving this blog much love lately, have I?! I've been busy working on a blog for my little invitation/announcement/thank you note/card business. I'm almost ready to reveal it to the world (okay, the small portion of it who read my blog), but I want to post just a few more samples first.
Anyway....on to the title of the post. I had to laugh yesterday when Kailin came up to me at the kitchen table and said, "Pssssssst..... Mom (in a hushed whisper)!" "What, honey?" "(still whispering) Colby is WET!!!" Mundane conversation, but the pssssst cracked me up. She's really a character these days. Yesterday Jonah asked her if she wanted her cinnamon roll whole like his (I'd cut it up for her - mess, you know.) and she replied, "No, I don't think so. I eat it like that, I will CHOKE MYSELF!!!" I had to chuckle. And I am sorry to report that shish is gone and fish is here to stay. The second x in her alphabet (q-r-x-t-u-vx-y-z) has been replaced by the rightful owner of the slot, s. It's still a funny little song, though- a-b-c-d-e-f-g...h-i-j-nellomenop-q-r-s-t-u-vx-z. W has yet to make an appearance - maybe a throwback to her mom's political views... ha ha ha. K is also very absent from her alphabet. She's talking big about not needing Mom and Dad at Cricket or Sunday school, so everyone say a little prayer for us that she carries through. I think we get to stay at Cricket this Saturday, so that ought to be nice and confusing for her. Ha.
Colby's big news (I think....now watch me eat my words) is that he's had a dry shirt since Monday! For anyone who doesn't know, Colby was the drooliest child I've ever encountered. We went through at least 2-3 shirts a day, SOAKED (usually SATURATED) all the way to the waist. Ever since we got him. I know why God gave me a drooly child - it's because I've always thought that drooling was utterly disgusting (even if it is a normal infant/toddler event and also uncontrollable by the mom or the child) and always wondered how the moms of those kids could stand it. Now I know. You just don't have a choice. You love your child - disgusting amount of drool and all. That said, I'm THRILLED at the prospect that we're putting the drool behind us! No more changing him at the last minute before a picture so that we have some ice cube's chance in heck of having a dry shirt in the picture....no more crusty, stiff shirts on wash day and rueful realization that another shirt is stained yellow down the front. I realize I've just motored through a whole paragraph about drool, but you just don't even realize what a huge breakthrough this is for us. He's speaking a bit more - just enough that sometimes if you say something to him, he'll repeat it -maybe. It goes like this...."Yes, Colby, that's a LION." Colby says something with two syllables that MIGHT be "lion". "Did you just say 'lion'? Say 'lion!'" Colby says nothing. So the end of the day report goes something like this. "I think Colby might've said xx xx and xxx today!" "Oh, I thought I heard him say yy yyy yyy today!" and we really have no clue if he said anything at all. Ha ha ha. He is saying tree, light, doggy, and Bearby (his bear) clear enough for us to understand them and Bearby clear enough for anyone.
I continue to be amazed by the way music moves Colby. I've probably mentioned it before, but my mommy memory kicks in and I can't remember if I did or not - and I don't want this to slip by. I hope it never changes, but in case it does.... Kailin enjoys music. She likes to dance. But Colby is absolutely moved by it. He is drawn to it like a moth to the flame every time he hears it. He sways and revels in it. He dances when it suits him and spins and whoops and throws his arms to the sky. I'll never do it justice in words, but it truly makes me swell inside to see him in his glory and I hope he loves music the way I do his whole life through.
That's the report from this neck of the woods...I'm going to try to be better about posting a little more often. But I make no promises.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Jovi loves music. His report said he did and they weren't kidding. He moves with it, nods with it. Jani nodded too. I've got headbangers..me, who doesn't listen to a drop of headbanging music!
Post a Comment