Wednesday, September 10, 2008
A wrench in the works!
Boy howdy do kids throw a wrench in the works! Steve and I have our fifth anniversary coming up this December. We've been planning to go to Door County (where we spent our first anniversary) for a few days to get away. We've asked our dog sitter and she is available. We've asked Steve's parents to watch the kids and they are happy to do it. We thought we were in the clear. I just read the Sunday School schedule last night and yep..... Kailin's first Sunday School Christmas program is the weekend of our anniversary.....with dress rehearsal the weekend preceding....and Christmas (or close enough to it) the weekend after the Christmas program. Four years ago we just picked a weekend and went! I'm thankful to be blessed by my little wrench throwers (sometimes literally rather than figuratively!) and I wouldn't trade them for the world. I'm just amazed at how two people who have relatively few obligations in life can manage to run mine! Ha ha ha. We'll just go in January instead. I'm sure we'll enjoy our anniversary dinner of fish sticks and french fries with the kids just as much as we'd have enjoyed a romantic dinner alone. Either way, I know we'll thank God for our family and remember how blessed we are to have the children we do - they are perfect in every way - wrenches and all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment