Kailin is still pretty big into reading us stories at night. She got a book for her birthday that is about animals saying goodnight. There are various textures of "fur" throughout the book. She 'reads' a page to us and then says, "Can you sof' him?" meaning "will you touch that?" I'm not sure where she came up with it, but it's quite cute! The last page is a little girl whom you "tuck into bed" with an actual fleece blanket. Kailin not only tucks her in, but pantomimes turning off her little lamp and putting lotion on two cheeks (Kailin gets lotion on her cheeks every night to beat down a little patch of eczema she has). It's beyond darling!
She also declared today that when she grows up she wants to be a teacher. That's the first I've heard of it. I'm kind of surprised given our weekend events. All of last week she talked about being really excited to return to Cricket. She was going to stay there all by herself. She was going to see her friend Mia. Well.....we drove to Cricket and she kept up her mantra. I could not stay - I needed to leave and she was going to have big fun with her new teacher and her friends she said. We walked through the door of her new classroom and she dissolved into tears. She clung to my leg despite my reassurances that I would stay today. She finally consented to going over on the rug with the other girls (3 other of the moms from her class last year also stayed) although she bit her lower lip and was entirely unresponsive. Midway through the class she went along to get a drink of water with the other girls (without me). By the end of class she was on the rug and smiling. I have high hopes for next week. I was thrilled to see some of our friends from last year in Kailin's class this year. Mia, Hannah, Chloe, and Grace are in Kailin's class this year as is Winnie. I didn't think Saturday bode well for Sunday School on Sunday, but I hoped (and prayed) nonetheless.
Sunday came and we chatted Kailin up on the way to Sunday school. We would sit together for church and then she'd go off to Sunday school. Again, she was good with it until we got in the classroom. I have to hand it to her, though, not a tear was shed. She braved up and stayed and I left and I think that next week will be even easier. Time will tell.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment