Wednesday, September 10, 2008

From the mouths of babes....

This story is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth - I couldn't make it up if I tried!! I just got back from taking the kids for a walk. Kailin likes me to sing while we walk. Usually it's the ABC's or Liang zhi lao huo (probably murdered that spelling, but I'm too lazy to look it up) or the Ni hao song from Cricket. Today as we meandered along, this is our conversation:
"Mom? Could you sing?"
"Sure, what do you want me to sing?"
"Can you sing the wino song, Mom?"
"What wino song?"
"The wino song."
"How does it go?"
"No, you have to sing it."
"Could you sing some of it so I know how it goes?"
"It's a song. You sing it."
"The WINO song? I don't think I know that one."
"You do!!! (singing)......this wino....yes, Jesus loves me!"
"Oh honey, that's this-I-know! NOT wino!!"
"Well could you sing that one?"
"Yes, I can."

I guess this post could also be titled, "Jesus' lesser known hobbies". More Sunday School is CLEARLY in order!!!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Well, his first public miracle was turning water into wine, so Kailin's not far off.

Sharada & Richard Kettle said...

We agree with Carrie, but also:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That's hilarious! LOL!