**Warning - this is a preachy post but I can't take it any longer!!!!!**
I'll get right to the point.... If your last name is Smith and someone is addressing something to you (a card for instance), then the correct way to write that is "The Smiths" or "The Smith Family". "The Smith's" is NOT correct!!!!!! To indicate the plural of something, you simply add an s at the end. You do NOT need an apostrophe unless you are indicating that something belongs to the Smith family.
Okay, I'll get off my soapbox now, but it's just like fingernails on a chalkboard to me and I had to vent somehow or I was going to implode!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Duly noted ;)
Funny how we all have our own little pet peeves. Mine are incorrect use of "its" and "it's" and "affect" vs. "effect"-- one is a verb and one is a noun, people!!
preach it sister.
I couldn't agree more! It drives me crazy, too. My pet peeves along those same lines are:
1. a lot is 2 words, NOT one word
2. it is not .50c, it is either $0.50 or 50c
Post a Comment