This is a picture of Kailin helping me decorate our real tree. It was a task she enjoyed thoroughly this year. She did pretty well at it. Her brother, on the other hand, is much more interested in tree un-decorating and in general tree brutality. He prefers to remove the ornaments and/or flog the tree with his kiki and/or forcibly rip the needles from the branches. Lovely holiday fun to be certain! The real topic of this post is the smaller, artificial tree that we put up in the kids' room last night. It is one we've never before put up and one we inherited from Steve's Great Aunt and Uncle. It was much to our pleasant surprise to find that it was a pre-lit tree. Had I known that, I'd have put it up with the kids last week! (I don't do lights....) It was a much less pleasant (for me at least) surprise to find out that the tree has certain...fiber optic "qualities" (in my opinion, fiber optics almost NEVER indicate quality). We had our choice of white or color. Steve asked Kailin what she wanted. Color, of course! Steve set it up and plugged it in. The kids were astounded and bewitched by the twinkling myriad of colors before their eyes. I have to admit - for a kids tree, it's pretty cool. Charmingly spectacular one might even say. We're going to finish putting the ornaments on it tonight and then I'll see if I can get a picture. Believe me - it's special!

No comments:
Post a Comment