Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A weekend away....

Not us, but the kids! We sent the kids to stay with Steve's mom this past weekend. We needed the break and they (Kailin) were excited to go. I took them down on Friday morning. We had big plans of watching LOUD movies and playing some video games and getting out to do some geocaching. I'm pleased to report that we accomplished all of our goals.

The geocaching was definitely a highlight. It was a wonderfully beautiful fall day to be tromping around in the woods with someone I love. And we found 4/5 of the caches we sought and our first geo-coin. Steve is hoping to take it to MI backpacking with him this coming weekend so that it can continue it's journey.

This was Colby's first time away from home overnight and I was a little nervous about it. Not worried about how he'd do while he was away, but nervous about how he'd act when he came back home. When Carolyn brought them in, he wanted nothing to do with me and I thought "oh boy, what have we done?!" but thankfully my little man can only hold about a 15 minute grudge and it wasn't long and he was right back to normal. I'm pleased to say as well that having her brother along seems to have reduced the effects of being away and the "re-entry period" was virtually nonexistent for both of them!

I think it was a good weekend for all of us!!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Sounds like you and Steve had a great "staycation." You are always up on the latest trend. :) What a blessing to be have someone who can take them for the weekend.

Carrie Cronkhite said...

FUN!! A little "break" always makes me a better mommy! :)That is super that your family is so close and loves having them. Such a blessing!

Nicole said...

That was me that made the last comment......not nina nina..oops! I was signed in for work. ha!! Blessings! Nicole